Monday, November 1, 2010

My 40 day Purpose Driven Life Challenge

Today is day one of my 40 day challenge. I am reading the " Purpose driven life". Yesterday at church I recommited myself back to God and my church. It felt so incredible, I fell on my knees well it was like my knees buckled and pulled me to the ground. Its amazing how I felt I just wanted to stay on that alter and hug the ground. I felt like the prodical son coming home. Although I had been attending church and my physical body was there my heart was not. I had been really struggling with that. I just kept thinking to myself "What happened?" "How did I get to this place?". But, I had been asking God to show me why I felt this way. And when it all boiled down to it. I had to re-evaluate all the times I was serving God at church, working in and on His kingdom. But was I truely doing it for Him? or for man? Was my heart truely in what I was doing? or was I just partcipating. I had to repent and recommit my life. Although I was very active in serving in church. I realize now my commitment was not so much to God but what was required of me as a faithful member. Now, don't get me wrong, I love serving God in His Kingdom and for the most part I was serving God for the right reasons. But what I am saying is that sometimes we can get so used to the routine of serving out of request from the pastors or church auxillaries that we sometimes don't stop to think "Is my heart in it for the right reasons, Am I truely doing this truely for God or Am I going with the flow of things? That is so important that you ask yourself those questions. Because when you serve God truely your are not moved by people. You dont allow your life and all its chaos to pull you from your passion which should be serving God in whatever capacity He wills, especially in your church. Because I have seen it time and time again, and the Blessing are in the House. So I say to you serve God with your whole heart, not for man. Remember only the things you do for Christ will last. I am so excited that God has open my eyes. It can't do anything but get better from here. So here with my new outlook I set out on my journey to find my "Purpose Driven Life". All Glory be to God!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment